UNIZIK Student Cries Out As Fire Guts Her Hostel Room In Anambra (Photos)

UNIZIK Student Cries Out As Fire Guts Her Hostel Room In Anambra

A young lady has been left heartbroken after her room was burnt down following a fire outbreak at her hostel in Awka, Anambra state.

According to Chinma Prestigous, a student of Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK), Awka, her room was gutted by fire suspected to have been triggered by electrical fault as most of her documents and properties were also burnt.

Read below what the devastated lady shared on Facebook; 

Below is the remnant of the room i live in, in one of the hostel at Awka. I left the room intact in August when last session ended, only to be informed yesterday evening by the Reverend Sisters managing the hostel that everything I have acquired from 100L till date has burnt down. I mean everything including my documents and receipts of all the dues i have paid through out my stay in Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka.

According to the Sisters, they don’t know what actually caused the fire outbreak but they are suspecting it might be electrical because one of the switch in the apartment ,which I have never made use of was on. On the other hand, had it been i was in that apartment when the fire broke out i don’t think i would have survived,so I’m grateful to God for my life in as much as I’m totally devastated.

Please, if anyone is going out or traveling, he/she should endeavour to off all the electrical gadgets in the house to avoid stories that touches the heart.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *